January 29, 2009

Rock 'n Roll Marathon

Well, all the training and the race has come and gone. It was a perfect day in Arizona and things went very well in the race. I ran the entire 13.1 miles (plus a few tenths due to traffic) and finished in just over 2 hours. My goal was not to walk, and I accomplished it. I think next race I well set a goal for a time of 2 hours or less. And yes, you read that right. NEXT RACE. After the race was over I really had no desire to run another one but later that night when I got my energy back, us girls began planning for the next race. We had such a great time. The race we ran was the ROCK 'N ROLL Marathon and so there were bands every mile and a huge headliner concert that night. The concert was Smash Mouth. What great performers. Us girls somehow managed to get ourselves backstage after the concert and that is when the party began. We hung out in the trailer with Smash Mouth, took pictures and really got to chat with them. I guess you would call us "Groupies" Groupies or not we had a blast. Thanks girls for so much fun, I can't wait until the next race.



4 comments:

Corbie said...

I am so sad I missed it! I have no clue even one song that Smash Mouth sings but I am sure I would have loved every second of being with you guys. Well done on the race!

Chris said...

Congratulations Melanie! That's a great finishing time - you should feel proud. I knew a few of those girls were traveling to Phoenix for the race, but I didn't know you were too. Keep me in the loop for the next one. But don't count on me for a sub-two-hour race. I like to stop and smell the roses ;) Glad you all had a good time!

Melanie said...

Hey girls, thanks for your comments. Yes, Corbie we missed you. Next time you need to come. The main songs I know from Smash Mouth are the Shrek songs. It sure was a blast though.
And Chris, you should have joined us. You would have left us in the dust. We need to start running together. When are you doing another race? We are thinking about the Salt Lake race but haven't committed.

Co-chillin with the Roths said...

I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW what happened in that trailer. ;o)

Snow Angels

Snow Angels