October 12, 2008

McKenzie's School Day


McKenzie was so excited to start school this year. She wants to be just like her sister, so going to school is a step in the right direction. (Maddie loves school) The first day of school I get her all dressed up in her school uniform. (Thank god, they go to a private school and have to wear uniforms or it would take my girls hours in the morning to try and figure out what they want to wear. Uniforms leave them with no choice.) McKenzie's uniform is the smallest they make but she drowns in it and it nearly drags on the floor when she walks. It really is so cute! Anyway, I take her in and get her settled. No tears nothing, just wants a big hug and kiss and tells me to be on my way. I am so sad, my baby is off to school and she doesn't even care that I am going to be all alone for the next 3 hours. She is ready to go learn. (So I think.)
I pick her up a couple hours later (with a treat in hand, of course) and start quizzing her on what she did at school. Her first comment is "We didn't paint." She really likes to paint. But her second comment is "We played with play dough!" That's the next best thing to painting. Then she tells me about the books they read and the songs they sang. Then to my surprise, she is quite proud to tell me "She sat by the boys!" How can this sweet little innocent girl in the picture above even think about the gender in which she is sitting by? The tone of her voice when she so proudly confessed this to me, knowing how much it would bother me. I haven't slept in weeks, I have been up searching the Internet for the best "all girl school" around!

3 comments:

Corbie said...

When you find that all girls school, let me know because Ryan is in need of the same thing. But ask them if they are opposed to nudity because Ryan already can't seem to keep her clothes on :)

Melanie said...

I will keep you informed in my quest for the perfect school. I don't see a problem with nudity since they will all have the same parts. Although some may have bigger parts than others.

Corbie said...

Isn't it always that way? No matter how many times I am parading around naked, I'm always reminded that someone has the bigger parts :)

Snow Angels

Snow Angels